Updated March 18, 2020
The Alliance for the Arts has temporarily closed its physical offices and gallery space and all staff are working remotely in order to prioritize public health and the safety of the organization. Please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com for more.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Updated March 16, 2020
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to unfold, we will remain vigilant and heed guidance from local authorities and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Last night the CDC released further guidance, advising organizers to cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more for the next 8 weeks. In an effort to ensure the health and wellness of our staff, volunteers, artists, members, donors, patrons, and ultimately, the larger community, we have made the decision to suspend all Alliance activities for the immediate future.
- Fringe Fort Myers scheduled April 22-26
- Charlotte’s Web youth cast rehearsals and performances
- I Never Saw Another Butterfly youth cast rehearsals and performances
- Artist Studio Tour scheduled for March 28
- All remaining March classes
- Seussical Kids Spring Break Camp scheduled March 16-21
- Bil Lepp workshop and performances scheduled for March 20 & 21
- Indoor Bluegrass Concerts in March and April
- Future of Art gallery opening receptions (in partnership with Lee Art Educators Association)
- Crossroads: Gauthier, Hamel and Herzog gallery exhibit scheduled for the month of May
- The Roommate by Jen Silverman with performances May 7 – 17
Suspended until further notice
- Weekly Saturday GreenMarket
- Saturday gallery and office hours
- Free Family Art Labs scheduled for the 4th Saturday of each month
- Members-Only Book Club scheduled for the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Poetry Open Mic Night scheduled for April 8
- Show Off! Youth Performance Showcase scheduled for April 18
All ticket holders and students for March events and classes have been notified via email. Purchasers are receiving full refunds or choosing to donate back their ticket or class fee to the Alliance. While our site will remain open to staff, we are discouraging people onsite without a scheduled appointment. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at 239-939-2787 if you have any questions.
We have never lived through a time like this and are grateful for the many folks who are trying to flatten the curve and adapt to the uncertainty of COVID-19. We have been reminded over and over again of the power of the arts to bring people together in the midst of trying, complicated times. If you missed the beautiful sounds from Siena, Italy and need a little inspiration today, check out this link and video.
Until we’re back up and running, keep connected with us via social media! Be on the lookout for exciting announcements regarding Art Lives Here billboard campaign, the installation of the Caloosahatchee Water Wall and a Congressional High School Digital Art Competition. We’re also planning some fun and exciting ways to keep us all connected through the arts.
Should you have any questions or just want a virtual email hug, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-939-2787.
Thank you for understanding as we navigate this unparalleled situation.
Stay healthy and safe,
Lydia A. Black