Theatre Conspiracy at the Alliance for the Arts is no longer accepting submissions for its Annual New Play Contest. The cycle will re-open December 2020.
All works submitted will be read and judged by a panel of qualified theatre teachers, directors and performers. Work submitted to the contest must be a full length play with seven actors or less and have simple to moderate technical demands. Play having up to three previous productions are welcome. No musicals please, as we are a tone deaf theatre company.
First place winners receive the Janet and Bruce Bunch Play Contest Award, $700 and a full production. However, it is our goal to produce more than one entry each year.
- To submit electronically, email your script to email@example.com. To send via snail mail, send complete script and check to the Alliance for the Arts ATTN: Bill Taylor 10091 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers, FL 33919.
- Include biography of the playwright and character breakdown
- If submitting through snail mail and you would like to have the script returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE). If not, include SASE for results.
- We charge a nominal fee of $10 for submissions. If you are submitting a hardcopy of your script, please make checks payable to the Alliance for the Arts. Do not mail cash. Entry fee waived for members of The Dramatists Guild, but proof of membership is required in email or snail mail.
- Deadline for submissions is postmark date of March 30, 2020. Do not spend $20 to overnight or second day your script. Save your money!
- Send your best script. One entry per playwright, per year.
If you are paying the fee, please fill out the below form. If you are part of The Dramatists Guild, please email your script to firstname.lastname@example.org.