Winners Circle – Art Council of Southwest Florida
- This event has passed.
DateJanuary 8 - January 30
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
PriceAdmission to the gallery is free, but a $5 suggested donation keeps programming affordable and accessible
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
The Art Council of Southwest Florida’s Winners Circle Biennial Exhibition honors artists who have received top awards from 2018 through 2020. The Art Council of Southwest Florida was formed in 1963 and today consists of nineteen affiliated organizations consisting of members from Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties with a combined membership of over 6,800 artists.
This year’s exhibit will feature over sixty award winning artists from art organizations including the Alliance for the Arts, Cape Coral Art Center, Cape Coral Art League, Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs, Fort Myers Beach Association, Pine Island Art Association, Sanibel Captiva Art League, Southwest Florida Pastel Society, SW Florida Fine Craft Guild, and the Weavers of Char-Lee. The Art Council will be presenting a total of $1,000 in awards to artists in both 2-D and 3-D categories.
Exhibiting Artists: Marnie Becker, Beth Blewett, Katherine Boren, Brian B. Christensen, Dee Cooper, Ginger Craven, Tracy Cullimore, Michael Danley, Stan Dzedzy, Ruth Epstein, Kathy Erickson, Renee Farr, Cheryl A. Fausel, Donna Filomio, Robert A. Ford, Kathy Gibbs, Tanya Trinkaus Glass, Brad Goldman, Carol Gray, Geoffrey Hamel, Karen E. Harris, Barbara Hewitt, Keith Johnson, David King, Diane Kuntz, Mary Liseio, Mimi Little, Zan Lombardo, Judy Majerus, Nance Marsden, Leslie McNeil, Carol Murphy, Elaine Myers, Julie Nusbaum, Lynn Ondercin, Jan Oosterwaal, Nuch Owen, Katrina Parker, Joan Tangren Reynolds, Thomas Roth, Trudy Sampson, Rosemary Sexton, Mary Lewis Sheehan, Ruthe Sholler, Joan Brechin Sonnenberg, Kathy Summer, Africa Valdez, Shannon Vickers, Dannica Walker, Jan Werdin, Tom Werdin, Christine Wyatt, Roseline M. Young, and Peter Zell.
On Display: January 8-30, 2021
Virtual Opening Reception: Was hosted on Zoom Friday, January 8 at 6 p.m. To watch the recording click here!
Winners Circle Award Winners
- 3rd Place – 2D – Tom Werdin, Lake Michigan Shore, Pastel, Pine Island Art Association
- 3rd Place – 3D – Carol Murphy, Earth’s Baptism, Fiber, Weavers of Char-Lee
- 2nd Place – 2D – Nuch Owen, The Bluebirds of Happiness, Silk Painting, Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs
- 2nd Place – 3D – Karen E. Harris, Let’s Dance, Stone and Paper Clay, Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs
- 1st Place – 2D – Christine Wyatt, Two Young Girls, Acrylic and Charcoal, Alliance for the Arts
- 1st Place 3D – Shannon Vickers, Wishes or Weeds, Glass and Concrete, Cape Coral Art Center
- Best in Show – Geoffrey Hamel, You Have to Do Your Part, Mixed Media, Alliance for the Arts
Learn More About the Art Council of Southwest Florida HERE
For artwork inquiries:
Please contact our front desk or gallery director at (239) 939-2787
Admission to our galleries is free all day, every day. Help keep it that way! Your membership or donation enables us to present amazing exhibitions and engaging programs that make the Alliance an artistic, creative treasure.