Realistic Watercolor Skies (ages 13+)
- This event has passed.
DateMarch 7 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Time10:00 am - 02:00 pm
Member's Price $85
Non-Member's Price $107
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Painting realistic skies can be intimidating, even for the most experienced watercolor painter. Learn the secrets to capturing bright sunshine and clouds, stormy skies and brilliant sunsets. You will complete small paintings using each of these types of skies and adding a simple landscape that complements the sky’s atmospheric theme. After this workshop you will never again be afraid to paint an eye-catching realistic looking sky!
Students are expected to have some prior watercolor experience.
Supply list: Supplies can be rented from the instructor with prior notice for a $35 fee or students may bring their own. Email Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medium size flat or wash brush
- Small flat brush
- Small and large rounds
Suggested Paints or Equivalent:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- New Gamboge or Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Optional: Payne’s Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- 3 sheets of 9×11”; 140, 200, or 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper. Extra paper for practice.
- 140 lb weight paper should be stretched prior to workshop.
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Soft pencil for sketching
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler (optional)
- Palette for mixing paint