Press, Print, and Mono-Print Workshop (Ages 16+)
- This event has passed.
DateJanuary 24, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Time12:00 pm - 05:00 pm
Reoccurs Two Day Workshop 1/24/17 - 1/25/17
Member's Price $90
Non-Member's Price $115
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
In this newest workshop artists will learn a variety of processes to produce gorgeous backgrounds, mono-prints and one-off works of art. We will utilize OPEN acrylics, QoR Watercolors, Gelli Printing Plates, Plexiglass Printing Plates, along with artist participant designed Collagraph Printing Plates utilizing various gels and mediums. Prints will be “pulled” on a selection of papers including Arches 88 watercolor paper. We will also do a series of “Gel Resist Removals” utilizing QoR watercolors along with heavy gels and full sheet stencils.
Supplies are included, although participants are encouraged to bring their own “Gelli” plate, brayer and a selection of papers to print on if they have them already in their possession. Participants may also wish to bring their own “Stencils” in order to have a greater variety of imagery at their disposal.
As with all of Kevin’s workshops, free product giveaways, door prizes, info packets, paints, gels and mediums are included.
PLEASE NOTE – Workshop time differences
- Tuesday 1:00 – 5:00PM
- Wednesday 10:00AM – 3:00PM
Don’t forget to sign up for the FREE ACRYLIC LECTURE DEMO WITH PRINTMAKING ELEMENTS with Kevin at 10:00AM Tuesday, Jan. 24!
- Pencil and notepad for note taking.
- 2 small paint brushes
- 2 small palette knives
- Paper towels
- Small container for water
- Bag lunch and drink
- If you want to print a large quantity of prints beyond our test or sample prints you are welcome to bring additional 22×30 sheets of 130lb watercolor paper
- If you have one, you may bring your own Gelli Printing Plate and brayer
- Instructor will have extra sheets of 130 lb watercolor paper available for purchase
- 4 pack of printing plates available from instructor for $10 so you can continue printing in your own studio