PLAYING WITH PASTELS Family Playdate (Ages 5+)
- This event has passed.
DateJuly 16, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Time10:00 am - 02:00 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $115
Non-Member's Price $138
Add to your calendarGoogle Calendar iCal Export
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Bring your family! Artists of all ages will flourish in an atmosphere of play, experimentation and individual artistic expression. We’ll start by seeing the world through each others’ eyes, and then create individual interpretations in dry pastels. Using shapes, colors and marks unique to this uniquely vibrant medium, you’ll get encouraging guidance and personalized attention which will guide artistic development.
There will be a break for lunch on your own.
Instructor will provide supplies: for family of 2- $25, family of 3-$30, Family of 4- $40, etc. paid directly to Instructor on the day of the class.
Students must bring the following for the best experience:
- Your own medium or soft dry pastels OR a beginner set (contact Lillian for recommendations for your family)
- Each playmate brings their own stuffed animal, toy or favorite object from home
- 3 of your own source photos for each playmate (maximum 3 – 5 major shapes)
- Black and White copy of source photos
- Sketching pencil or charcoal pencil or stick for each student
- Cheap or old paint brush (minimum size 1” flat) for each student
- Pressboard or foam core (standard size 20 x 30” or approximate) to use as work surface, for each student
Contact Lillian with questions about supplies
Bring a sack lunch for the break OR enjoy lunch at the Arts and Eats Cafe onsite