Fridays with Francesco – Light and Shade Theory on Toned Paper (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateSeptember 13, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Time09:30 am - 03:30 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $95
Non-Member's Price $120
Supply Fee $5
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Join Francesco on the second Friday of each month for a workshop on different aspects of figure drawing. These workshops are designed to give beginners a way to understand and learn how to draw and intermediate to advanced students a way to improve their drawing, focusing on the human figure. Francesco will share basics on materials. He will then cover anatomy, structure, and gesture; core shadows, sighting, and clock angles. This class will include lessons from photographic reference and a live nude model. $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference.
This month Francesco will teach you the essentials of working with light and shadow using charcoal and white pastel. You will work with a single basic light source and learn techniques to achieve smooth value transition. This is a great lesson for any artist who wants to learn about light and shadow regardless of preferred medium.
Topics to be covered:
Single and double light source
Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensure beginner students understanding and keeps advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
Bring a bag lunch.
$5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference.
- Supply list:
• Compressed charcoal pencils and white pastel pencil
• Toned paper (1 large sheet and a few letter size sheets – available for purchase from Francesco)
• 1 White plastic eraser ($2)
• 1 Kneaded eraser ($2)
• 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block ($3)
• Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc. ($2)
• An Exacto knife with #11 blade ($5)
• Drawing materials are also available directly from Francesco at listed price (cash only)
• $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference
• No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.
Class Refund Policy