Exploration of Creative Seeing with Camera and Lens (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateFebruary 6, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Time05:30 pm - 07:30 pm
Reoccurs 5 Wednesdays 2/06/19 - 3/06/19
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $100
Non-Member's Price $125
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Add to your calendarGoogle Calendar iCal Export
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
You’ve taken the Four Week Photography & DSLR Operation or Photography & DSLR Operation workshop, or you are already able to operate your camera’s manual functions. Now it is time to explore the creative aspect of photography. Discover what it means to photograph creatively. Develop an interest or inner attitude to seeing things in different ways and beyond the ordinary. Learn to photograph something in ways most people would not normally see. This is not trick photography, but learning to see the subject before you for what else it could be.
We will photograph together, have class assignments, learn to be a creative audience, critique our images to help make better pictures. We will discuss options at the time of exposure to best represent the experience of the photographer. Explore what it takes to make unique and exceptional photographs, and most of all to have fun making pictures.
Students enrolled in this class should already have had instruction on DSLR Operation or know how to operate the camera’s manual functions.
- A digital camera, preferably a DSLR camera with interchangeable lenses.
- Alternatively, you may have a Point and Shoot camera of good quality and with the capacity to adjust exposure functions manually (F-stop, Shutter Speed, ISO settings, Manual Focus, etc.)
- A suitable Tripod for your camera size and weight. To be used during group outings and in class for illustration purposes.
- A Flash Memory card to store the images you have taken for class assignments and classroom participation.
- (Optional) The ability to Print your photographs to bring to class for sharing and assessment.
- First Day of Class Requirements: Each student should bring 2 or 3 examples of photographs taken. To be displayed in class and evaluated by other students and instructor. This may be hard prints of your images or they may be electronically stored on a generic flash drive to be displayed on a LCD screen.