Rocky Horror (Outdoor, Socially Distanced) Picture Show
- This event has passed.
DateOctober 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Time07:00 pm - 10:00 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Price$60 – $200
Add to your calendarGoogle Calendar iCal Export
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Please note: tickets to this event are sold out. You may join our waitlist and we will be in touch if tickets become available.
It’s astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll.
We’re not talking about quarantine – we’re talking about celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Rocky Horror (Outdoor, Socially Distanced) Picture Show to the Alliance for the Arts on October 17th!
Hike up your fishnets, put on your mask, unleash your inner Sweet Transvestite, and get ready to have as much fun as you can while social distancing. The mother of all cult classics returns to the big screen and, as always, our show includes all the audience partici-pation you can handle, and our very own local shadow cast The Forbidden Triffids pantomiming the film!
Due to Covid-19, things are going to look a little different this year – but we know you’re OK with different. We’ll be following all CDC, state, and local guidelines and have taken every precaution to make sure you have a safe and awesome time with us. Before you run in your heels to the purchase ticket button, here’s what you can expect:
- There are no individual tickets for sale. Instead, you’ll purchase a pass for a square space on our lawn: 6×6 for 2 people at $60 or a 10×10 for a group of 4 people at $120. VIP spaces are available for $200 and include a 10×10 space for a group of 4 people, a preshow shout out and a complimentary bottle of wine.
- Prop bags are included for each individual in the pass price. If you prefer to bring your own prop bag you may do so but the ticket price remains the same.
- Spaces will be 6 feet apart from each other. You can bring blankets or chairs to sit on. Everyone in your group must arrive at the gate together.
- There will be no drink sales on site. You are welcome to bring a cooler with you. You are also permitted to bring food, but we will have the American Grilled Cheese Kitchen onsite as well.
- There will be no re-entry. Bring everything in with you when you arrive.
- Masks are mandatory where social distancing is not possible. Inside your square you may remove your mask. Please be kind to each other (and to us!) and wear your mask when arriving, when using the bathroom and when moving outside of your square.
- We have reduced the number of tickets by more than half. We’ve sold out the last 3 years so reserve your space as soon as you can.
- Ticket sales are final unless – because 2020 – the world blows up or we get sent to another planet (schmanet, Janet). In that event, refunds will be processed at the time of cancelation notification.
In compliance with CDC guidelines governing events:
- Staff, volunteers, and attendees are required to stay home if feeling sick or if they’ve tested positive for Covid-19.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing is encouraged for guests and required for staff and volunteers. Handwashing stations and sanitizer will be available, but please also bring your own.
- Staff and volunteers are required to wear masks at all times. Attendees are required to wear masks when social distancing is not possible such as at the gate and in line for the restroom.
- There won’t be many touchpoints, but staff and volunteers will wipe down frequently touched areas.
- We ask that you clean up your own trash including prop bag contents, cans, food waste, etc. Trash cans and bags will be plentiful.
If any of the above bums you out or makes you mad, we recommend you rent the movie and sit your beautiful booty at home.
And, everything is subject to change, because 2020.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Special thank you to our title sponsor PDS Architecture for supporting the arts in southwest Florida and to Red-Headed Witches and Harmon’s Audio Visual for being an event sponsor.