The Alliance for the Arts weekly GreenMarket joins markets across the country in celebration of National Farmers Market Week.
“This year has thrown a new challenge at markets as they work to stay safe and keep up their essential work of getting food to the community and supporting small businesses,” says GreenMarket Manger, Whitney Tucker.
The year-round GreenMarket is open each and every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Alliance for the Arts, 10091 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers, FL. Discover an exclusive selection of locally grown, caught and cultivated foods and other products available for purchase.
Farmers, vendors and market-goers are asked to follow CDC guidelines:
- Vendors will be required to wear face coverings or masks, limit product handling and provide any necessary handwash or sanitizer stations for themselves and their patrons
- No sampling of products will be allowed at the market
- Vendors will be spaced out to follow physical distancing guidelines
- Patrons are asked to wear masks, pay in exact change and not linger on property. Please note: public restrooms will not be available.
- Patrons and vendors not feeling well are asked to stay home
The Wednesday drive-thru pickup service initiated when the market closed in response to Covid-19 also remains in operation.
While onsite, visitors are invited to explore the Alliance for the Arts’ 10-acre campus to enjoy a series of outdoor site-specific artwork installations by local artists or come inside to shop the gift shop or explore its current gallery exhibition, Pain, Process and Promise.
For more information on the Alliance for the Arts GreenMarket, visit ArtInLee.org or call 239-939-2787. To order online for Wednesday drive thru pickup, customers can visit ArtInLee.org/DriveThru.