Musical Theatre Intensive Camp
Camp at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre for Grades 7 – 12
Our Musical Theatre Intensive camp is geared toward students with multiple levels of dance, voice and theatre experience. This popular week-long camp is taught and led by Broadway Palm Director and Choreographer Amy McCleary, local performer Kiersten Benzing and features special guests – actors and actresses straight from the Broadway Palm stage.
Each session offers specialized courses in auditioning, vocal techniques, improv, scene study and dance. The week culminates with a performance at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre facilities, which provides plenty of space for responsible distancing. Step on stage and shine with the excitement and magic of live musical theatre!
Please be sure to read full camp details following the button below.
Please note: this camp is kept at a low-capacity to keep students responsibly distanced. Campers, camp instructors, camp volunteers and Broadway Palm staff are required to wear face masks at all times when inside the building and when social distancing is not possible. For more information about our Covid-19 protocols, click here.
ABOUT THE SESSIONS
Grades: 7 – 12 • Time: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. No extended care available.
The price for each weekly session is $185 for Alliance members or $230 for non-members. You may become a member to receive the discounted pricing.
Session 1: Jukebox Heroes – July 5 through July 9
Explore Broadway’s newest trend: jukebox musicals! This week will have our students singing pop songs and rocking out to radio hits featuring Mamma Mia!, On Your Feet, Beehive and more. Special classes this week will include and feature pop/rock vocal techniques.
Session 2: Grease is the Word Part One – July 12 through July 16
Visit the always popular Rydell High as we take a look at Grease the musical. All your favorite T-Birds and Pink Ladies are back as we work on music theory, harmony singing and perfecting our 50’s dance moves.
Session 3: Grease is the Word Part Two – July 19 through July 23
Because you can never have enough Grease! Week two of this exciting camp will have us swooning over Teen Angels and doing the Hand Jive until we drop! Scene study and character development will be the primary focus of this session.
Session 4: Season Pass – July 26 through July 30
Our popular advanced week will celebrate the magic of the 2021 Season at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre! Using material from Mamma Mia!, Holiday Inn, Happy Days, On Your Feet, Bronx Tale, Beehive and Grease, our campers will put together a cabaret of musical theatre magic.
ALL CAMP PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
- 50% deposit is required upon checkout. The deposit is non-refundable.
- A credit card must remain on file if a balance remains.
- Any balance due will be billed on Friday, May 31 to the credit card on file.
- Cancellation must be submitted in writing and can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Cancellations, in writing, 14 or more days prior to the start of the camp week will receive 50% refund (The deposit is non-refundable).
- Cancellations not in writing or less than 14 before the start of camp forfeit full camp tuition costs. Camp cancellations may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds will not be made available for last minute vacation plans or camper behavioral issues.