Watercolor Made Easy – Exploring Texture, Washes, Glazes, and Wet-in-Wet (ages 13+)
- This event has passed.
DateDecember 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Time10:00 am - 02:00 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $85
Non-Member's Price $107
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
This workshop will cover the three methods of watercolor application – washes, glazes, and wet-into-wet techniques. Time will also be spent exploring various techniques to create textural effects that add detail and expression to paintings. There will be lecture time and ample hands-on instruction. Students will produce several small paintings utilizing the above methods of color application. During the workshop students will:
- Learn the three basic methods of watercolor application
- Explore various techniques to produce textural effects (lifting, spattering, drybrush, salt, sponging)
- Understand how to “save the white” of your paper
- Learn how to avoid backwashes
- Produce several small paintings utilizing the above techniques
Supply list: Supplies can be rented from the instructor with prior notice for a $35 fee or students may bring their own. Email Shirley at email@example.com.
- Medium size flat or wash brush
- Small flat brush
- Small and large rounds
Suggested Paints or Equivalent:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- New Gamboge or Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Optional: Payne’s Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- 4 sheets of 9×11”; 140, 200, or 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper. Extra paper for practice.
- 140 lb paper should be stretched prior to workshop.
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Soft pencil for sketching
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler (optional)
- Old toothbrush
- Natural sponge
- Palette for mixing paint