Watercolor Made Easy – Beyond Beginner (ages 13+)
- This event has passed.
DateNovember 23, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Time10:00 am - 02:00 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $85
Non-Member's Price $107
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
This workshop is designed for students who feel they have mastered a basic understanding of color mixing, use of various types of brushes and who have some experience with drawing. This session will concentrate on the importance of perspective, light and shadows, and the principles of design and composition. Several examples will be discussed that demonstrate the effective use of these concepts. During the workshop students will:
- Be introduced to the importance of perspective
- Work with the effective use of light to produce shadows and reflections
- Learn the principles of design and composition and the role of “value”
- Produce a compositionally balanced 11×14” watercolor painting with interesting shadows and reflections
Supply list: Supplies can be rented from the instructor with prior notice for a $35 fee or students may bring their own. Email Shirley at email@example.com.
- Medium size flat or wash brush
- Small flat brush
- Small and large rounds
Suggested Paints or Equivalent:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- New Gamboge or Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Optional: Payne’s Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- 1 sheet of 11×14”; 140, 200, or 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper. Extra paper for practice.
- 140 lb paper should be stretched prior to workshop.
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Soft pencil for sketching
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler (optional)
- Palette for mixing paint