Outside the Traditional Watercolor Box (ages 13+)
- This event has passed.
DateFebruary 1 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Time10:00 am - 02:00 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $85
Non-Member's Price $107
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
This workshop will cover two different methods of working in watercolor: ink and watercolor, and limited palette of colors. Students will select one of these methods to produce a painting during the workshop after some lecture and instructional time is spent learning and discussing the concept of value and technique of color layering. Prior watercolor experience is preferred.
During the workshop students will:
- Produce either an ink and watercolor or a limited watercolor palette painting
- If you choose ink and watercolor add Micron archival black pens in a couple of different sizes (preferably very thin and thick) and/or a set of Faber Castell PITT artists pens in black ink to the supply list below.
- Learn the technique of layering washes
- Master the concept of “value” in painting
- Understand the importance of good drawing skills
Supply list: Supplies can be rented from the instructor with prior notice for a $35 fee or students may bring their own. Email Shirley at email@example.com.
- Medium size flat or wash brush
- Small flat brush
- Small and large rounds
Suggested Paints or Equivalent:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- New Gamboge or Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Optional: Payne’s Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- 4 sheets of 9×11”; 140, 200, or 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper. Extra paper for practice.
- 140lb weight paper should be stretched prior to workshop.
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Soft pencil for sketching
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler (optional)
- Old toothbrush
- Natural sponge
- Palette for mixing paint