Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateNovember 2, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Time06:00 pm - 08:00 pm
Reoccurs 4 Thursdays 11/02/17 - 11/30/17
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, 33919 United States
Member's Price $75
Non-Member's Price $95
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Do you live in your thoughts about the past or worries about the future? Do your emotions often cause stress and confusion? Do you get carried away by dramas?
Mindfulness & Meditation is a four-week course designed to support the practice of mindfulness, helping us develop the skills and attention to be fully present to our lives in the present moment, and to touch each moment deeply. It is intended for those new to mindfulness and meditation, as well as for those who want to review the basics and establish a more consistent daily mindfulness and mediation practice. The course includes basic instruction as well as an exploration of practical ways to bring mindfulness in daily activities.
- Systematically explore mindfulness of breathing, the body and physical sensations through sitting and walking meditation and the body scan practice.
- Establish and maintain a daily meditation practice.
- Practice mindful meditation to explore the emotions, thoughts, and overall awareness.
- Apply mindfulness to difficult emotions and thoughts to avoid getting caught up in dramas.
- Cultivate daily meditation and mindfulness practices so that mindfulness becomes an integral part of your daily life.
Supply list: Comfortable clothes, yoga mat or blanket if you have one (we have some to share)
Anne Kracmer & Mary Robinson