Journal to the SELF – FREE Online Try It (Ages 16+)
- This event has passed.
DateMay 7 @ 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Time01:00 pm - 01:30 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $FREE Try It
Non-Member's Price $FREE Try It
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Join teaching artist Susan Beavers for a FREE Online Try It of Journal to the SELF using art and writing.
During this self-isolation time, journaling with the SELF may help you find answers to questions swimming in your head or to reflect on feelings you may have but that are hard to process. The emphasis for this art is art for the soul…not art for the museum. The emphasis on the journaling is to help students express and process the complex feelings they may be experiencing during this difficult time.
Students will complete the following “assignment” prior to the Try It on May 7 and then share their art and writing with others during the Try It at 1PM on May 7.
ASSIGNMENT – Meditate on the chief characteristic of the quality of your life at this self-isolating time. Complete number 1 and 2 below … share number 3 during zoom Try It time May 7th @ 1:00 PM
Is this a calm time, a time of crisis, a period of transition, a dull stagnant time or none of the above?
- Draw for 10 minutes (using markers or whatever you have)
- Journal for 10 minutes
- Share your art and what you have written with the class on Thursday, May 7th at 1:00 PM
- Set of markers or colored pencils or whatever you have to draw and “color” with
- Unlined journal or newsprint pad
- Zoom app/program downloaded on your device (We recommend using a laptop or desktop so you can view the class on the largest screen possible but tablets, iPads, and phones do work.)