Introduction to Colored Pencil – ONLINE Workshop featuring Mangos (Ages 14+)
- This event has passed.
DateJuly 29, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Time09:30 am - 01:00 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $45
Non-Member's Price $57
Supply Fee $5
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Learn basic techniques to get the best results from artist-quality colored pencils. We will start with a short series of exercises to understand layering and blending, and then you’ll work from a color reference to finish a pre-outlined project. The project for this class is two mangoes on striped satin fabric – a colorful project where you’ll learn a lot about color mixing and blending effects.
You will need your own pencils and some tape. A special eraser, printed handouts, and project will be provided for pick up at the Alliance on Monday, July 27 and Tuesday, July 28 for a $5 fee. If you would like to purchase the above materials, add the $5 option during registration. If you choose the “non-printout” option, you will receive an email with downloadable images and instructions on directions on how to prepare the images for the workshop.
Recommended Supply list:
- Artist-quality colored pencils, set of 12 or larger
- Not watercolor pencils
- If you buy a pack without a white pencil, try to find a white pencil separately
- Michaels carries Prismacolor in open stock
- Some other recommended brands include: Derwent Coloursoft Studio, Artist, Procolour, Lightfast; Faber-Castell Polychromos; Koh-I-Noor Polycolor or Progresso; Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor; Prismacolor Premier (not Scholar, not Verithin); Winsor & Newton, Bruynzeel Design; Blick Studio; SoHo Urban Artist or Cezanne
- Pencil sharpener
- Roll of tape – cellophane, magic, white artist’s, or masking tape
- Kneaded eraser or other kinds of erasers
- Graphite pencil (#2 or HB)
- Optional: drawing board or other support big enough for 9X12” paper
- Optional: colorless blender pencil
- Zoom app/program downloaded on your device. (While phones and tablets work, we suggest using a desktop or laptop computer so the viewing area is as large as possible.)
Pre-registration is required by July 22 if you want to purchase the print materials and eraser from Melissa.
Melissa Miller Nece