INSTRUCTED LIFE DRAWING – GESTURAL & STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO THE FIGURE (18+) BEGINNER-PRO LEVEL
DateNovember 1 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Time12:30 pm - 03:30 pm
Reoccurs 4 Wednesdays 11/01/23 - 11/30/23
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $180
Non-Member's Price $220
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
“Students both beginning, intermediate and advanced can learn from Francesco’s excellent teaching methods, knowledge, humor, passion for the human form and all aspects of fine art. Students are fortunate to have an artist of his level as instructor.”
The class is designed for beginner to advanced students. You will see and draw by understanding and personally translating the subject instead of just copying. Francesco’s one-on-one assistance and feedback ensure beginners students understanding and keep advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
Francesco will start each class with a 1/2 hour drawing demonstration, the student will then apply the notions learned in drawing a live model for 2.5 hours. One-on-one assistance and feedback will be provided upon request from the student.
Lesson Topics Will Include
* Introduction to gesture drawing
* Essential forms to construct the human figure
* Cross-contour lines and landmarks to help give the figure volume and perspective
* Connecting volumes, volumes overlaps and foreshortening
* Core shadows versus cast shadows. Sighting and clocking angles
* Weight distribution
* Simplified idea of anatomy
* two charcoal pencils 2B
* 1 White plastic eraser
* 1 Kneaded eraser
* 1 newsprint pad – 100 sheet
* Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc.
* No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class