Instructed Life Drawing – Gestural and Structural Approach to the Figure (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateNovember 20, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Time09:30 am - 12:00 pm
Reoccurs 3 Wednesdays 11/06/19 - 11/20/19
Member's Price $104
Non-Member's Price $130
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Francesco will start each class with a drawing demonstration (9:30 to 10:00), the student will then apply the notions learned in drawing a live model for 2 hours (10:00 to 12:00). One-on-one assistance and feedback will be provided upon request from the student. The class is designed for beginner to advanced students. You will see and draw by understanding and personally translating the subject instead of just copying.
Francesco’s one-on-one assistance and feedback ensure beginners students understanding and keep advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
Lesson topics will include:
Introduction to gesture drawing.
Essential forms to construct the human figure.
Cross-contour lines and landmarks to help give the figure volume and perspective.
Connecting volumes, volumes overlaps and foreshortening.
Core shadows versus cast shadows. Sighting and clock angles
Simplified idea of anatomy.
- 1 charcoal pencil 2B, suggested General’s Charcoal 557-2B med. ($2)
- 1 CarbOthello Sanguigna pencil ($2)
- 1 White plastic eraser ($2)
- 1 Kneaded eraser ($2)
- 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block ($3)
- 1 100 sheet newsprint pad ($12)
- Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc. ($2)
- An Exacto knife with #11 blade ($5)
- Drawing materials are also available directly from Francesco at listed price or $40 for the whole kit (cash only)
- No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.