Fridays with Francesco – Cross Contour Line (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateDecember 8, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Time09:30 am - 03:30 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, 33919 United States
Member's Price $85
Non-Member's Price $110
Supply Fee $5
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Join Francesco on the second Friday of each month for a workshop on different aspects of figure drawing. These workshops are designed to give beginners a way to understand and learn how to draw and intermediate to advanced students a way to improve their drawing, focusing on the human figure. Francesco will share basics on materials. He will then cover anatomy, structure, and gesture; core shadows, sighting, and clock angles. This class will include lessons from photographic reference and a live nude male model. $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference.
Focusing on cross – contour line, the line that travels across the form. Morning activities will include studying and copying one of the etchings of Gustave Dore’, fantastic French artist printmaker. Afternoon activities will include drawing awesome model King Arthur in a similar pose.
Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensure beginner students understanding and keeps advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
- 1 charcoal pencil 2B, suggested General’s Charcoal 557-2B med. ($2)
- 1 pad charcoal paper 14×11 or bigger
- Available from instructor 14×11 70 sheets 80lb pad ($10)
- 1 White plastic eraser ($2)
- 1 Kneaded eraser ($2)
- 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block ($3)
- Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc. ($2)
- An Exacto knife with #11 blade ($5)
- Drawing materials are also available directly from Francesco at listed price (cash only)
- $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference
- No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.