Figure Study in Oil (The Poster) – Onsite Class
DateApril 17 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Time09:30 am - 03:30 pm
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $120
Non-Member's Price $143
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
One-day workshop that explores the study of color composition thorough the practice of poster painting applied to the human figure. A poster is a small, simplified key of the light seen throughout a subject and serves as a first impression of the overall character of color. Color mixing, color theory and palette organization will also be covered.
Students will practice mixing flesh color strings from modified primary palette. They will then work for the remainder of the class on a single poster study from a live model.
*Model Fee Included
Recommended Colors: (Winsor & Newton Artist Oil Color or similar brand):
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow
- Burnt Sienna
- Alizarin Crimson
- Ultramarine Blue
- Ivory Black
- Odorless Solvent in sealable container
- Rags/Paper Towels
- Wooden palette or similar surface for paint mixing
- Assortment of synthetic soft sable brushes (long handle) sizes 0-6, synthetic or nylon, rounds and filbert style
- 9×12 – 11×14 gray toned linen, canvas or panel with smooth surface. Tone should be semi-opaque application of neutral gray mid-tone value.
- Palette Knife (2-1/4” blade – somewhat fine point; Reference: Lowell Cornel
- (Optional) Mahl stick to steady hand
Please note: this class is hosted onsite in our classroom. If you are joining us for onsite programming, we ask that you adhere to signage and procedures posted on our campus. Face masks are required at all times and you are advised to keep 6 feet (2 meters) between you and others. Class size is limited to 10 students and 1 instructor so register today to ensure your spot to create with us!