Draw with Charcoal: Develop and Improve your Drawing Skills – Online Class (Ages 16+)
- This event has passed.
DateAugust 3 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Time09:30 am - 12:00 pm
Reoccurs 5 Mondays 8/03/20 - 8/31/20
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $154
Non-Member's Price $193
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
This class has been moved to our online, Zoom platform. You will receive the link to the Zoom classroom the day before class begins. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course will focus on the development and improvement of basic drawing skills and concepts with an emphasis on observation and visual problem solving. Representation and expression will be explored through the use of black and while drawing media. Critiques will be used to develop student’s ability to formulate and verbalize knowledgeable responses to visual production.
Students in this class will use charcoal to work on the following still life arrangements:
- Ceramic bowls and vessels
- Transparent glass bottles
- Geometrical forms
- Animal skulls
By understanding and developing those foundational concepts students will begin to build the skills needed for dealing with more complex subjects such as the human body.
- Charcoal pencil 2B and 4B
- Compressed Charcoal stick
- 1 white plastic eraser
- 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block
- Drawing pad 18×24: Strathmore Charcoal paper, 400lb series of comparable 80lb
- Blending stumps of assorted sizes
- Paper towels
- Zoom program or app downloaded on your device. While phones and tablets work, we suggest using a desktop or laptop computer so you can view instruction in the larges screen possible.