2 Day Workshop: Discover Watercolor Pencil (Ages 16+)
DateFebruary 24, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Time09:00 am - 04:00 pm
Reoccurs 2 Day Workshop 2/24/24 - 2/25/24
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $150
Non-Member's Price $180
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Water-soluble colored pencils combine the precision and control of pencil drawing with the fluid possibilities of watercolor paint. Have fun exploring the many ways these versatile drawing tools can be used – wet or dry, alone or for mixed media. We’ll play with techniques, do a guided painting and then you can choose your own projects (provided or bring your own). Derwent, leading makers and innovators in this fine art medium, will provide all the pencils used in use in this class: Watercolour, Inktense, Graphitint, Inktense Blocks, Watersoluble Sketching. Pencil sets will be shared in class but all participants will get pencils to keep. Paper will also be provided by leading manufacturers (Legion, Fabriano, Hahnemühle, Arches, Canson, Strathmore and more).
The class will use DERWENT products.
These pencils will be provided for use in class:
Derwent Watercolour, Inktense, Aquatone, Graphitint and Metallic pencils, Inktense Blocks
(class sets to share; you may receive some pencils to keep)
- WATERCOLOR PAPER, BOARD, ART JOURNALS
Assorted papers will be provided, including Stonehenge Aqua, but you may bring your favorite watercolor paper too
Your personal choices might include:
Watercolor paper in blocks or sheets (postcard-sized is fun and practical)
Mixed media and illustration paper or boards (colored or not)
Smooth or vellum bristol
Watercolor canvas (pads, panels or stretched)
- PENCIL SHARPENERS Some will be available in class.
Battery-powered or electric sharpeners are good, hand sharpeners also
- CLEAR (SCOTCH) TAPE and/or ARTISTS’ TAPE
- PAINT BRUSHES Assorted brushes will be available to use in class
(“Waterbrushes” that hold water in the handle are ideal)
Small (but not tiny) watercolor type brushes — one round and pointed, one flat, Cotton swabs are a useful substitute or addition
- DRAWING BOARD
- KNEADED ERASER Some erasers will be provided in class
- GRAPHITE DRAWING PENCILS- H or HB (#2) lead or whatever you prefer
- WATER CONTAINERS and other tools will be provided in class
- Optional: WATERPROOF DRAWING PEN (Fine line markers like Pigma Micron, Faber-Castell Pitt, Staedtler Mars Pigment Liners, etc.)
- Also optional: X-ACTO or other CRAFT KNIFE, masking fluid
- YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN PHOTO REFERENCES FOR SUBJECT
MATTER! There will be several to choose from if you don’t bring your own.
Silk scarves will be available (at nominal cost) for painting with Inktense pencils.
Melissa M Nece