Art for the Heart – Drawing and Journaling Online Class in June (Ages 16+)
- This event has passed.
DateJune 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Time01:00 pm - 02:00 pm
Reoccurs 3 Thursdays 6/11/20 - 6/25/20
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $35
Non-Member's Price $44
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
During this pandemic time, drawing and journaling may help you find answers to questions swimming in your head or to reflect on feelings you may have but that are hard to process. This is art is art for the heart art for the museum. The emphasis on the journaling is to help students express and process the complex feelings they may be experiencing during this difficult time.
Students can complete the following assignment prior to the Art from the Heart class on June 11 and then share the art and journaling with others during the class.
Rejoice: What do you want to celebrate in your life?
The format: the first 2 items can be done as an assignment before the online meeting.
- Draw 10 or more minutes using markers, color pencils or whatever you have
- Journal for 10 or more minutes
- Share art/journaling with the class on June 11 @ 1PM.
- Whatever your favorite medium – pencils, pens, markers, paint, collage, etc.
- Unlined journal or newsprint pad
- Zoom app/program downloaded on your device (We recommend using a laptop or desktop so you can view the class on the largest screen possible but tablets, iPads, and phones do work.)