Adding Gold to Floral Paintings – Watercolor, Collage & Metallic
- This event has passed.
DateFebruary 12, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Time09:30 am - 04:30 pm
Reoccurs 2 Day Workshop 2/12/19 - 2/13/19
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $230
Non-Member's Price $290
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
The focus of this workshop is painting watercolor florals that glow, while abstracting the background and adding gold highlights for zing. Karen will demonstrate sunflowers, but students may choose whatever subject they wish. Abstract backgrounds add excitement and interest. Students will learn glazing, adding collage for texture, negative painting, and adding gold highlights to zip up their paintings. Karen believes that painting should be fun and gives lots of individual help to her students, while also teaching design tips for outstanding paintings.
- 1 full sheet Arches 140lb. cold press paper
- 11×15” or larger foam core board or other support
- #2 pencil and eraser
- Sketch pad or notebook for notes
- Tracing paper
- Graphite paper
- Watercolor brushes (1” & ½” flat and small #6 round recommended)
- Water containers
- Masking tape
- Masking fluid (optional)
- Kleenex brand tissues
- Sponge or rag for brushes
- Margarita or table salt
- Spray bottle
- Blow dryer (optional)
- Your palette with your preferred/usual colors
- Camera (optional)
- Gauze (optional)
- Acrylic Matte Medium, old brush, and plastic container with lid
- Collage papers – whatever you have
- Reference photos
- One package colorful paper napkins
- Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (gold) and a color box pigment stamp pad (gold)
- Acrylic, metallic paints – whatever you have
- Pebeo porcelain outliner tubes
- Gold reactive foil
- Double stick tape
More detailed list available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may email specific questions about supplies to Karen at email@example.com.