Abstract Landscape Painting (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateOctober 2, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Time01:00 pm - 03:30 pm
Reoccurs 6 Wednesdays 10/02/19 - 11/06/19
Member's Price $90
Non-Member's Price $115
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Add to your calendarGoogle Calendar iCal Export
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Learn to use landscapes or seascapes as the basis for an abstract painting. Your paintings won’t be realistic but will still be identifiable, as opposed to typical abstract art where the subject matter is removed. Free up your expression and sense of confining boundaries by focusing on color combinations and painting from the heart.
Paints – The quality of your paint may be the most important key to your success. Please don’t waste money on student or craft grade paint.
Recommended: Liquitex Fine Art Acrylic Heavy Body or Golden Acrylics
You only need 5 colors:
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue (green shade)
- Cad yellow light
- Quinacradone magenta
- Napthol Crimson
- Titanium White
- Assorted China bristle brushes including filbert #10 and #12
- 1” to 2” cheap painter’s brushes (found in hardware dept.)
- Bristol paper
- Bristol board
- Panels, etc.
- If you use papers you will need some kind of board or cardboard and clips
- Roll of refrigerator/wax paper for palette
- White masking tape
- Various pens, pencils, charcoal, drawing tools
- Optional: notebook for taking notes