Abstract Landscape Painting (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateJanuary 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Time01:00 pm - 03:30 pm
Reoccurs 6 Wednesdays 1/08/20 - 2/12/20
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $90
Non-Member's Price $115
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Learn to use landscapes or seascapes as the basis for an abstract painting. Your paintings won’t be realistic but will still be identifiable, as opposed to typical abstract art where the subject matter is removed. Free up your expression and sense of confining boundaries by focusing on color combinations and painting from the heart.
This is a critique based class where the evaluation of your and your fellow students’ paintings form the basis for instruction. Beginners are welcome and will be in a class with mixed skill levels. If you have questions please call 239-939-2787 and ask for Brandi.
Paints – The quality of your paint may be the most important key to your success. Please don’t waste money on student or craft grade paint.
Recommended: Liquitex Fine Art Acrylic Heavy Body or Golden Acrylics
You only need 5 colors:
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue (green shade)
- Cad yellow light
- Quinacradone magenta
- Napthol Crimson
- Titanium White
- Assorted China bristle brushes including filbert #10 and #12
- 1” to 2” cheap painter’s brushes (found in hardware dept.)
- Bristol paper
- Bristol board
- Panels, etc.
- If you use papers you will need some kind of board or cardboard and clips
- Roll of refrigerator/wax paper for palette
- White masking tape
- Various pens, pencils, charcoal, drawing tools
- Optional: notebook for taking notes