The Color of Music: Abstract Painting (Ages 18+)
- This event has passed.
DateJanuary 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Time02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
Reoccurs 1 Thursdays 1/12/23 - 2/02/23
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $150
Non-Member's Price $180
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Add to your calendarGoogle Calendar iCal Export
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Music is the most abstract of all art forms: you can’t see music, touch it, or smell it, but it can shape the emotion of the listener. This weekly workshop transfers the emotions of the listener into painting.
Beginners in art often have anxieties about making things look “real”, in this workshop participants are blindfolded for the first 30 minutes, creating their real vision of the music, from within. After those 30 mins the blindfolds are removed and the painter can play upon their own visual tunes- full of color, rhythm and beauty from the soul.
Students of all levels are invited to paint the color of music.
Suggested Supplies(Individual preferences can alter the following list):
- 1 Drawing Pad 24 x 18 inches — acid-free — Masters Touch Fine Art Studios (You can order through HobbyLobby.com)
- 1 HB Pencil
- 1 2B Pencil
- 1 20 inch steel ruler
- 1 45 degree set square
- 2 containers for water
- 1 eraser
- 1 Roll paper towels
- Brushes (If you already have brushes that you are familiar with you may use those)
- 1 Royal Taklon #12
- 1 Royal Taklon #8
- 1 Plaid One Stroke Donna Dewberry Flat #12 (1171B)
- 1 1/2 inch Flat (of your choice)
- 1 tube of .75 fl oz — White
- 1 tube of .75 fl oz — Black
- 1 tube of .20 fl oz — Red
- 1 tube of .20 fl oz — Blue
- 1 tube of .20 fl oz — Yellow
- 1 tube of .20 fl oz — Green
- 1 tube of .20 fl oz — Orange
- 1 tube of .20 fl oz — Violet