Painting in Today’s World (Ages 18+)
DateOctober 26 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Time06:30 pm - 09:00 pm
Reoccurs 4 Thursdays 10/05/23 - 10/26/23
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $165
Non-Member's Price $200
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Each of the Four week sessions will be introduced by short lectures on the current history of painting. You will be encouraged to create work you would never have dreamed of making. Through exchanging ideas and searching for meaning through experimentation, you will be
pushed beyond the borders of preconceived notions about art, life, and the world we live in.
- Paints: primaries and white, black, burnt umber, and whatever (preferably oils, but if you are more comfortable with acrylics, that’s fine too.)
- Brushes and/or knives various sizes appropriate for the paints used.
- Surfaces: Primed canvas, canvas boards, primed paper, or any other appropriate surface to paint on. I would encourage you to create large to very large works (in excess of 3-4 feet.) Gesso is needed if you bring unprimed paper or canvas.
- Appropriate thinners/mediums for the paint you use.
- Palette, cups, rags, apron, etc.
LAMBERTUS (BERRY) VAN BOEKEL