Discover Watercolor Pencil (Ages 16+)
- This event has passed.
DateOctober 26, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Time09:30 am - 03:30 pm
Reoccurs 2 Day Workshop 10/26/19 - 10/27/19
10091 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33919 United States
Member's Price $160
Non-Member's Price $200
Can’t make this one? See All Upcoming Classes
Want to hear about more events like this?Sign up for our newsletter
Water-soluble colored pencils combine the precision and control of pencil drawing with the fluid possibilities of watercolor paint. Have fun exploring the many ways these versatile drawing tools can be used – wet or dry, alone or for mixed media. They’re great for sketching or for serious artwork, for artists’ journals and plein air work, even fiber arts – and they mix well with pen and ink and traditional watercolor. Derwent, the company that makes more watersoluble drawing products than anyone else, provides all the pencils used in this class. Pencil sets will be shared in class – and you’ll get to keep some. Assorted papers will also be provided.
- Pencils: The class will use Derwent products. These pencils will be provided for use in class. Derwent Watercolour, Inktense, Aquatone, Graphitint and Metallic pencils, Inktense Blocks, Art Bars (watercolor crayons). Class sets will be provided to share. Six-color sets for individual use and to keep will be provided.
- Drawing paper or illustration board: Several kinds of paper will be provided but you may bring your favorite watercolor paper also.
- Personal choices might include: watercolor paper in blocks or sheets (postcard size are a good choice), illustration board (cold press, hot press or watercolor board), smooth or vellum Bristol, watercolor canvas (pads, panels or stretched)
- Pencil sharpeners: hand and electric if you have
- Clear (Scotch) tape and/or artist’s tape
- Paint brushes: some brushes will be available in class
- Small (but not tiny) watercolor type – 1 round and pointed, 1 flat
- Drawing board
- Small water container
- Kneaded eraser
- Graphite drawing pencils: H or HB (#2) or whatever you prefer
- WATERPROOF DRAWING PEN
- X-Acto or other craft knife
- You may bring your own photo references for subject matter
Melissa Miller Nece